Wednesday 7 September 2016

Summer 2016.

So it's September, which in my mind means it is autumn. I adore autumn. I am such a little autumn bug it's crazy. I'm not overly looking forward to the memories from last autumn/winter if I'm brutally honest, but I will cross that bridge when it comes to it. Anyway. I sat myself down in my room and turned my computer on, and all of a sudden it dawned on me that I should be so, so, so proud of myself. Bear in mind the place I was in about 6-7 months ago (quick reminder, I wanted to kill myself) and now... I'm in a totally different place. I've lived more this summer than I have done for years. My counselling earlier in the year showed me the importance of writing things down and charting the progress I'm making. So...

Rosie's List Of Progress This Summer. 
1. I got a job. I adore my job, everything about it (I'm still terrified of the stove in the kitchen, but I'm working on that one!) I work with lovely people as well.
2. I have my own money! I can buy myself things with out justifying it to other people, and I can buy other people things as well.
3. I've seen friends I haven't seen for a long, long time.
4. I bought a pair of trainers.
5. I started to drink coffee.
6. I braved two bus journeys on my own to see a friend I haven't seen for years.
7. I went to Colchester Zoo.
8. I left the house every day.
9. I reconnected with old friends I thought I would never hear from again.
10. I lost friends I never anticipated losing, and I don't really mind that much about it.
11. I bought my first crop top. (I now have far too many)
12. I started reading again.
13. I stopped drinking.
14. I stopped being embarrassed over the things I enjoy doing. I'm going to throw it out there now- I LIKE PLAYING SIMS 4. A LOT. It's my favourite pass time.
15. I completed a course of counselling, I'm about to start a new one, and I've already got a course of CBT planned for when I finish the next lot.

And that's it. I don't care about you guys, but I am proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment